Critical Reflection

I have always thought that proper communication is one of the key factors to achieve our goals and it is something that everyone can always improve further on in life. I was glad to have Effective Communication as a module for the trimester as this is the first language module in our university. The module provides me a chance to prove in my writing’s ability.

As mentioned earlier in my self-introduction that “I always have the concern that my readers are unable to understand my writings completely and I am eager to confirm with them through verbally.” Therefore, my main goal was to clear such doubt by the end of the module.

Initially, I was wondering why Professor Brad wanted us to revise on our self-introduction. Why was there a need to comment on other’s self-introduction and reply to their comments? To be honest, I felt irritated and troublesome for doing so much for just self-introduction. I came to realise the effectiveness only when my classmates that I seldom talked to started to find out more about me after the mentioned process of self-introduction. I concluded that self-introduction allows us to understand each other, commenting on one another helps us to learn from each other, replying comments is to communicate with each other. Which means the whole process defines the exact meaning of effective communication. By revising a few times for summary and reader responds allows us to learn from our own mistakes and it is an effective way to improve as individual.

The research project gives me the opportunity to share more about my working experience with the class. Thanks to my team Why Five for choosing my idea as the group pitch. Our pitch is to install WiFi routers for underground construction tunnels to improve the communication between staff in the tunnel and above ground. I am impressed by Dzu’s presentation skills, Donald’s writing skill is excellent and Junjie is an amazing minute writer. Given vary speciality and background of each member, our group managed to produce the work that we are proud of. It was impossible to be done without effective communication and great teamwork. I have enjoyed working with the team.

It is true that my writing skill is still not perfect but with what I have learnt from the module. I am now confident that my readers can understand my writings without verbal confirmation. In other words, my initial goal has achieved.

I am saddened that the module has come to an end. I would like to thank all my classmates for their understanding and patience when I had difficulties in expressed in English. Especially thanks to my research team for being always there to correct my mistakes in writing.

Lastly, I love the way that Professor Brad for having the environment to improve as a class and help each other. I am truly appreciated it and thank you for the guidance and the knowledge throughout the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction

Reader Response Draft 2 (Self-Healing Concrete)

Summary Draft #2 (The Self-Healing Concrete That Can Fix Its Own Cracks)